Jay Dicharry is a physiotherapist at Rebound Physical Therapy in Bend, Oregon.
He is a certified coach through both the United States Track and Field Association and the United States Cycling Federation, and a certified Golf Fitness Instructor through the Titleist Performance Institute.
Jay built his international reputation as an expert in biomechanical analysis as Director of the SPEED Clinic at the University of Virginia.
Jay is also the author of "Anatomy for Runners", and writes columns for numerous magazines.
In this interview, Jay and I discuss:
- Jay's book "Anatomy for Runners".
- The biggest "problem areas" for runners with regards to injuries.
- Some of the most common running myths including stretching and cadence.
- The current state of barefoot / minimalist running.
- Where the running shoe industry headed.
- Appropriate shoes for children.
- Training tips for marathon runners.